Furniture upholstery is a labor intensive process. Done properly, upholstery is an art. Being one of the few full service furniture repair shops in Louisville, Excel Shop can provide you with a one stop solution to your upholstery needs. Key furniture reupholstering tasks include:
• Fabric selection. We have hundreds of fabric sample books to choose from.
• Stripping the old fabric. The old cover is used as a pattern for the new cover.
• Rebuild or reglue frame as needed. Instead of putting in more staples or dry wall screws, Excel Shop's furniture makers properly reglue and repair your frame.
• Refinishing or touch-up the exposed wood. Our finishing department can enhance and highlight the wood frame.
• Spring tying.
• Adding or replacing padding as needed.
• Applying new fabric, which includes; cutting, sewing and pattern matching. Our upholsterers take pride in matching the pattern so your fabric is appealing to the eye.
• Assemble furniture. Add the skirt, base and
• Final adjustment, such as attaching gimp or welt cord.